What are the different grades of diamonds?
Diamond professionals use the grading system developed by GIA in the 1950s, which established the use of four important factors to describe and classify diamonds: Clarity, Color, Cut, and Carat Weight. Diamonds can be fashioned into a variety of shapes and still be beautiful. These are known as the 4Cs.
What is the best grade of diamond?
FL (or Flawless) is the highest grade for clarity. An FL diamond has no imperfections even when magnified 10x by a professional. For color, D or completely colorless diamond is the highest grade. While flawless and colorless diamonds are extremely rare, cut determines a diamond's true value.
What is the grading scale for diamonds?
When writing the grades of a diamond using the AGS Scale, diamond Cut grade is first, then diamond Color, Clarity, then Carat Weight—in that order. If a diamond possessing the finest diamond Cut grade is also colorless, free of inclusions and blemishes, and weighs one carat, it would be written as: 0/0/0–1.
What is an I grade diamond?
How I Color Diamonds Look Next to Other Color Grades. The I color grade is six places from the top of the GIA's color scale. Because of this, it's quite common for would-be diamond buyers to assume that I color diamonds must have a visible, obvious yellow tint.
Can diamonds be resold?
Due to the fact that diamonds are not fungible and cannot be easily exchanged with each other, it is difficult to resell them to somebody other than the jeweler that the customer purchased them diamond from. ... Unlike precious metals, diamonds are not rare.
- Who did Elsa Pataky date?
- What should I do with my 40 year old wedding dress?
- How do you keep eyeliner from smudging under your eyes?
- When was the first Bachelor aired?
- What country song is about a father and son?
- How do you congratulate someone professionally?
- Where can I find cheap wedding rings?
- What is the best under-eye treatment?
- What is the best black eye eyeliner?
- Where can I elope in Las Vegas?
You will be interested
- What should not do before marriage?
- Is heartiest a correct word?
- How do you date a divorced woman with kids?
- What is the best eye serum for wrinkles?
- Is UV gel good for your nails?
- What songs do 7 year olds listen to?
- How do you say thank you without spending money?
- Who is richer Beyonce or Rihanna?
- How should I dress for a Great Gatsby party?
- How much should a first date cost?